Friday 6 October 2023

TRANSITIONS



What do transitions look like for you?
The dictionary defines a transition as the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.
For me the last couple of weeks has been full of a lot of:

Planning. 
Organizing. 
Stretching of my faith. 
The thoughtful words and appreciation of my friends of me. 
Plentiful pictures taken. 
Experiencing Insomnia.
Many sleepovers in my home.
Moments where I snapped, especially at my family members because I was tired or trying to process a lot.
Having to be nominated for a role in my alumni community to serve my set, my acceptance to run for the office and the overwhelming feeling the campaign has had on me.
The utter shock of what campaigns look and feel like and the energy and words that go into them.
The gift of a hardworking young woman who has made my packing easier (Blessing).
The place where my family and I are learning to say our goodbyes.
The place my daughter has had her friends visit alongside their parents to say goodbye.
Celebration of milestones (Yobi completing homeschool).

It has been a lot for me, and I have experienced a myriad of feelings, having to process all of it but in it all, I give thanks and praise because I have not broken down and neither has any member of my family.
I am looking forward to new beginnings.

1 comment:

  1. Great reading from your depth of personal transition experience!!

    ReplyDelete