Monday 23 October 2023

TRANSITIONS II


Hi friends,
Today I start with the fact that the decisions we make do not affect only us, they affect the people around us. Two weeks ago, I shared about my current transitions and a senior friend suggested I captured the thoughts of those closest to me and the impact on them as well and boyyyyyyyyy…. I just got a sneak peak at what’s going on their hearts.
Enjoy reading from my family:
I agree with the saying that if you can think it, then you can do it. In the thinking process, it was a wrestle between the "can I? or can I not do it?" This process was a journey of faith. 

Moving to Kenya first happened mentally. I guess this was what kept me awake the last few weeks before leaving Jos. When it started materializing, it felt overwhelming, but because we had planned almost every detail, things started falling into shape. I prayed to God for everything, from the first steps to the actual move itself. The transition tested and stretched my faith. It was a leap of faith, leaving family and friends behind to fulfill God's calling in a place where we hardly knew people. 

I had been to Kenya before, but moving with my family was a new experience. We had never left our previous location in Nigeria; this was a big deal. I was anxious about how it would all come together. This was leaving our comfort zone, our support systems, and the many things and people we loved and cared about to start all over again. It was like walking on water and knowing the law of gravity could catch up with you. 

The last week before we left was stressful. There were many things that we had sorted that started going south. We had to rush to get those things sorted, and it was unsettling. My wife kept reminding me to keep believing in God even when I doubted. We trusted that He would take us to Nairobi safely. 

Finally, we embarked on our journey. The few friends we had, made our arrival comfortable, especially my team lead and his family. I am sleeping better now, and Nairobi is a great place to live. However, the transition helped me see that God is real, family is key to ministry success, nothing stops God's work. He brought us here, and I know He will be faithful to us.
(Moses my love)

Moving to Kenya is hard. When I was still in Nigeria I was saying, I want to come to Kenya, but now it is really hard for me to live in a new country, making new friends, living in a new environment that is too quiet, going to a new church and a new school. This is really hard for me to cope because I am missing home, my family and friends, my house and everything. But each day, I keep trying to have fun with my family and enjoy the new country.
Sisa (our oldest daughter who is 11 years old.)

The weather is cold here and I know that this place has a lot of wildlife such as lions, tigers, cheetahs, elephants, giraffes, and hippos. I like our new house; I like their schools because they have pools there. I miss my friends so much.
Nosagie (our 8 year old son)

I will write on behalf of our youngest son, Iyobosa.
He really isn’t saying much, except for once in a while, he calls the name of a friend from Jos, or his teacher and asks to speak to them. He’s not telling how much he misses what he used to know as home, but I know the changes are happening and I see it in the way he responds when he is upset.

We all will adjust in due time but for now, I am enjoying the pleasure of rest and other perks that come with not been known in a new environment 🫢. I love my new home and I trust that we all adjust as time rolls by.

Till I write again….
Blessings.

7 comments:

  1. God who has started the new work will complete it in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great to read from you once again. Your experiences say alot about a life completely rooted in Jesus. The LORD bless your stay in Kenya with live changing Testimonies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful perspectives! Truly, we hardly know the total impact of our decisions. That is why we should always seek to take godly decisions.

    God has prepared the way for you, evidenced in your settling down process. One day at a time, you will continue to experince His guidance and manifestations.

    Would you give us perspectives from friends, family and colleagues you left in Nigiera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anty, thanks alot, thanks for the idea of another edition to be published😉

      Delete